Citech ISTE Student Chapter
The Indian Society for Technical Education (ISTE) is the leading National Professional non-profit making Society for the Technical Education System in our country with the motto of Career Development of Teachers and Personality Development of Students and overall development of our Technical Education System.
CIT_ISTE provides a thorough road map for the efficient use of technology through the ISTE Standards, which offer competencies for learning, teaching, and leading in the digital age. The Department of CSE ensure that using technology for learning can create high-impact, sustainable, scalable, and equitable learning experiences for all our students.
Core Objectives of the ISTE
- Providing quality training programmes to teachers and administrators of technical institutions to update their knowledge and skills in their fields of activity.
- To assist and contribute in the production and development of top quality professional engineers and technicians needed by the industry and other organisations.
- Providing guidance and training to students to develop better learning skills and personality.
- Providing platform to improve their Aptitude, Technical and Personality development through various competitions under the banner of ISTE-Technical Fest.
The student Chapter of ISTE was established in August 2010 with the aim of providing a platform to the students to show case their Technical Talent in the field of Engineering. Since then the Chapter is conducting various workshops to the students in the cutting edge technologies such as Cyber Security, Forensic, Satellite Communication, VLSI design, Data Analytics, Data Security, Artificial intelligence and Machine Learning, new trends in structural design, EV trends in Automobile industry and so on. Every year the chapter conducts the AXION- Intra College Technical Fest where the competitions such as Code Debugging, Instant Programming, Blind Debugging ,MATLAB Coding, Structural Analysis, Quick Survey , CAMD- Modeling, ROBO- Soccer etc., Students participated in all the events with enthusiasm and spirit and won prizes. These activities provide knowledge and competitive spirit to the students to excel in Placement activities and their personality development.
Dr. Shashikumar D R
HoD CSE Dept, Student Chapter Secretary
Citech ISTE Student Chapter
1. ISTE Sponsered 2 day workshop on Machine Learning using Keras – Organised by the Dept of CSE.
2. Skill Lab on Python Programming – Organised by the Dept of CSE.
3. Workshop on MATLAB and Simulink for Beginners – organised by the Dept of EEE.
4. INSYNC Activity – Motivational Talk – Organised by the Dept of CSE.
5. Technical Event- Coding Debugging and Alcoding – Organised by the Dept of CSE.
6. 5 Day Workshop on Data Analysis using Python – Organised by the Dept of ISE.
7. Boot Camp for Tenacity in C – Leading to innovation – Organised by the Dept of CSE/ISE/AIML.
8. National Webinar on Critical success factors for implementation of national education policy(NEP 2020) – Organised by the Dept of Mechanical.
- Since 2013, the students of 2 nd Year B.E subscribe to be members of the ISTE activity, a total 720 students registrations takes place every year.