Learning Resource Centre
Central Library has established in the year 2007. Main Library has five floors with the carpet area of 25,000 Sq. Ft. The primary objective of the library is to support the academic fraternity by providing access to the physical and digital content. The library is equipped with comprehensive collection of books, journals, e-Journals, project reports pertaining to Engineering, Humanities and Management. All in-house operations like acquisition, cataloguing, classification, book transactions, email alerts, etc. are computerized. Library facilitates more than 26,000 books and 75 National and International Journals. At any point of time 250 members can be seated.
To be potential resource centre for students, academicians and researchers for dissemination of knowledge.
- Publicizing the extensively available resources to all stake holders.
- Providing the flexible services to maximize the utilization of the printed and digital contents.
- Conducting the awareness drives on new and upcoming resources.
Library Time Slot
- Monday – Friday : 8.00 am – 8.00 pm
- During Exam Time : 8.00 am – 10.00 pm
- Saturday : 8.00 am – 4.00 pm
- Sunday & Govt. holidays: 9.00 am – 4.00 pm
- Monday – Friday : 9.00 am – 5.00 pm
- Saturday : 9.00 am – 4.00 pm
- Sunday & Govt. holidays: No Transactions
- Books – 30098
- Bound Volumes – 500
- Project Reports – 1681
- CDs/DVDs – 2150
- Print Journals – 45
- Magazines –23
- Newspapers –15
- Book Lending Service
- Reference Service
- internet & Wi-Fi Facility
- SC/ST Book Bank Facility
- News Clipping Service
- Digital Library
- Online Journals Access
- Remote Access Facility
Rules & Regulation
ADMISSION TO THE LIBRARY
- All Students and Staff members of the college are eligible to become the member of the library.
- Library membership forms are available at library circulation counter.
- For using library facilities, Students and Staff members are requested to sign in the login register, which is kept in the library entrance.
- Every member shall be required to keep his/her personal belongings (Personal books, bags, etc.) in the property counter near the entrance.
- Entry to Library is not permitted without college ID card.
- Carrying & using mobile phones inside the Library is prohibited
- Reference Books, News Papers, Magazines should not be taken out-side the Library.
- College identity cards will be issued in the library. It serves both College Id. as well as Library card. By producing college identity card, library users can utilize the facilities.
- College Id. cards / Library cards are not transferable.
- Books will be issued to the members only, on producing their identity card.
- The borrower is fully responsible for the books borrowed on his/her card.
- In case there is demand from more than one student for the same book, they will be issued based on the reservation made.
- Library users are strictly prohibited to take the borrowed/issued books again inside the Library.
- Book reservation facility is available for library users in library OPAC. The users can reserve the issued books by login into the library OPAC.
- The reserved books will be kept in circulation counter for one day, after that next reserved user will get the book.
- Students can borrow 5 books for 14 days, faculty can borrow 10 books for 90 days and supporting staff can borrow 2 books for 30 days.
- Books borrowed from the library are to be returned on or before the due date (See due date slip pasted at the last page of the book).
- On the expiry of due date, Rs.5/- per day per book will be charged till the return date. Absence to the college is not accepted as excuse for non-payment of overdue charge.
- If the due date falls on college holiday, the book may be returned on the next working day, without overdue charge.
- If students fail to return the books within the stipulated period, such students’ library membership will be cancelled for certain period.
LOSS OF LIBRARY BOOKS
- Loss of library book must be brought to the notice of the librarian immediately in writing.
- Borrower can replace the book with new copy (same book, same edition, etc.) along with the invoice, and processing charge Rs. 100.
- If the borrower fails to replace the book, he/she has to pay the double the cost of the book and processing charge Rs. 100.
- If notification is made after the overdue of the book, the borrower will also be responsible for the overdue charge.
- If a book lost is belonging to a set, the borrower will be charged for replacement of the entire set.
CARE FOR LIBRARY MATERIALS
- Library books, Journals and other reading/reference materials are costly and often rare to replace. They are for the benefit of not only the present but also for the future members of the library. Therefore, they should be used with great care and consideration.
- Before leaving the library, the member should satisfy himself/herself as to whether the library material lent to him/her is in good condition. If not, he/she should immediately bring the matter to the knowledge of the circulation section staff. Otherwise he/she is liable to be held responsible for the replacement of the material or pay such compensation as fixed by the librarian.
- Mutilation and disfiguring of pages of library materials by ink or pencil marks are prohibited.
- Photocopy of the books is prohibited.
- Please avoid keeping the books open on the table, or putting with their faces down, or inserting note books or pencils in between the pages.
- Pages must not be folded to serve as book marks.
- Books borrowed should be protected from RAIN, DUST, MIST & INSECTS.
- Library books are to be returned before the examinations.
- Dues, if any, should be paid and a No-Due certificate should be obtained from the Librarian before the examination commences.
- The suggestion box is kept at the entrance of the library. We welcome the library users’ valuable suggestions / feedbacks to improve the library services.
- Maintain silence, keeping in mind that the library is a place for individual study not for group discussions.
- Refreshments or foodstuff of any kind shall be either carried or consumed inside the library is prohibited.
- Please switch off your mobile phone inside the library.
- Laptops and Tablets are allowed inside the library for academic purpose only.
- You are requested to leave the book on the reading table after use.
- Please switch off unwanted lights, fans & help in saving electricity.